Do You Have A Remediation Project We Can Help With?
Following your Inspection report the Remediation Process may include, amongst other works:
- Removal of existing exterior – stucco, dryvit, stone, etc
- Visible inspection of plywood and replacement with mold prevention treated replacement
- Correct flashing of all windows and doors where necessary, installation of correct sill pan (all field fabricated – built on site for precise fit)
- Correct drainage systems will be installed to prevent future damage
- Finished exterior of choice. At this point you can choose the type of exterior you prefer whether it be stucco, stone, siding etc – the potential to revamp your home and investment is endless.
There are various types of siding to give your home great curb appeal. Here are a few of our more popular choices:
Insulated Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding is an exterior wall cover that is practically no/low maintenance. It gives you curb appeal but not at the expense of your free time. Mostly maintenance consists of a wash with a regular garden hose.
Cedar Shingle Siding
Homes sided in cedar shingles (also called “shakes”) blend beautifully with wooded landscapes. Made of natural cedar, the shingles are usually stained browns, grays, or other earthen colors. Shakes offer the natural look of real wood, but usually require less maintenance than wood clapboard. By using stain rather than paint, you can minimize peeling.
Fiber Cement Lap Siding
HardiePlank lap siding is the most popular brand of siding in America and can be found on over 5.5 million homes. With its strength, beauty and durability, HardiePlank lap siding enhances and protects homes in all kinds of climates—and now, with the HardieZone® System, James Hardie provides fiber cement siding with specific performance attributes relative to the climate where the siding product is being used. James Hardie now gives you the optimum siding for your home and climate, regardless of location.
All HardiePlank lap siding comes in a variety of looks and textures, all of which are Engineered for Climate®. We are so sure about how well the HardieZone system will perform, HardiePlank lap siding comes with a 30-year nonprorated, transferable, limited warranty—our strongest warranty ever.
Fiber Cement Shingled Siding
HardieShingle siding has the same warm, authentic look as cedar siding shingles, yet it resists rotting, cracking, and splitting. It’s beautiful as a primary siding or as a complement to other styles of James Hardie® siding, and HardieShingle is also Engineered for Climate® to better withstand a home’s particular weather challenges. Our shingle siding panels come in a variety of decorative edges, and expedite installation when used in larger areas. HardieShingle individual siding shingles come in a selection of widths for an authentic handcrafted look and are also ideal for smaller coverage areas. James Hardie fiber cement shingle siding products are available with our strongest warranty ever. HardieShingle siding is protected by a 30-year nonprorated, transferable, limited warranty.
Stucco is a durable cladding for your home. Installed correctly, with some maintenance, stucco can last you as long as any other exterior cover whilst also providing insulation and sound reduction.
The problems arising in recent years with “failing stucco” and “moisture intrusion”, leading to costly remediation, is not with the product itself. The process in which the home was built, and the stucco was installed, is mainly the issue. Building Codes change often and are ever evolving, but a good and thorough installation of stucco by our company will assure you it is done right.
As per current building codes and our expertise, we will ensure your home incorporates:
- Correct layers of weather resistant barrier (WRB) and drainage wrap systems
- Expansion joints (minimize cracking), E-Z Bead® (plaster stop), and Weep Screed (creed serves as a vent so that the moisture can escape the stucco wall finish just above the foundation)
- Correctly installed flashings, sill pans and kick-out diverters
- Correctly installed stucco using a 4 step stucco application including wire lathe, scratch coat, brown coat and finish coat
- Correctly fitting exterior chimney caps
- A sufficient gutter and downspouts system
Stone can add to the beauty of your home. It may also, as with Stucco or Siding, be used as a durable cladding.
We suggest two stone choices:
Natural Stone Veneer
Natural Stone Veneer looks like real stone be1cause it is real stone! Its authentic character and rich earthy colors create a design presence no other material quite replicates. Its beauty is consistent through and through. A surface nick or scratch reveals nothing but more of the same stone beneath – not concrete or a base material. Just as you would expect from true stone, it resists weather and UV damage. What might surprise you is its affordability.
Natural stone veneer is made from real stone that is either collected, i.e. fieldstone, or quarried. The stone is cut to a consistent thickness and weight for use as a veneer. This stone is often called thin stone veneer.
Reasons to use Natural Stone Veneer:
- Never fades
- Requires zero maintenance
- Shows only natural stone if chipped
- Can be cut or split for a perfect install
- Increases value of building
- Non-repetitive, no two jobs look alike
- Custom thickness and face sizes
- Natural stone is a “green” product
Manufactured Stone Veneer
Manufactured stone veneer is a decorative building material manufactured to replicate the look of natural stone. Stone veneer is fabricated by pouring a lightweight concrete mix to rubber forms of different style and then painted with a coloring process which makes it resemble real stone. The stone veneer produced is then attached to walls with special mortars.
Manufactured veneer is cheaper than natural stone and the variety of designs and colors makes available options which would not be available with natural stone, since natural stone is used in the general area around the locality which it is extracted.
Advantages of Manufactured Stone Veneer
The advantages of manufactured stone veneer over natural stone are:
- variety of designs and colors
Disadvantages of Manufactured Stone Veneer
- It is not as strong as natural stone
- If a piece breaks, or if a piece is removed from the wall, then unless it is replaced, it shows significantly
- It is not reusable as natural stones
We also offer true Natural Stone – our experienced masons can build you anything you desire from true, stacked stone.
Please ask for further details.
Your Content Goes Here
Your Content Goes Here
Need a roof, windows, garage doors, doors, metal roof, chimney cap, we are also a full service General Contractor and can take care of all your door and window needs.
Our proposals and estimates have NO HIDDEN EXTRA COSTS!
What you see on paper, is what you need and what you are going to receive.
We only use quality products from…
Get A Quote Today
Please complete the form below to request your FREE homeowner estimate.
There is no obligation. We will contact you within 3 business days.
Problems with this page? Email us directly – Helen@EdwardGriffinRemediation.com