Stone can add to the beauty of your home. It may also, as with Stucco or Siding, be used as a durable cladding.
We suggest two stone choices:
Natural Stone Veneer
Natural Stone Veneer looks like real stone be1cause it is real stone! Its authentic character and rich earthy colors create a design presence no other material quite replicates. Its beauty is consistent through and through. A surface nick or scratch reveals nothing but more of the same stone beneath – not concrete or a base material. Just as you would expect from true stone, it resists weather and UV damage. What might surprise you is its affordability.
Natural stone veneer is made from real stone that is either collected, i.e. fieldstone, or quarried. The stone is cut to a consistent thickness and weight for use as a veneer. This stone is often called thin stone veneer.
Reasons to use Natural Stone Veneer:
- Never fades
- Requires zero maintenance
- Shows only natural stone if chipped
- Can be cut or split for a perfect install
- Increases value of building
- Non-repetitive, no two jobs look alike
- Custom thickness and face sizes
- Natural stone is a “green” product
Manufactured Stone Veneer
Manufactured stone veneer is a decorative building material manufactured to replicate the look of natural stone. Stone veneer is fabricated by pouring a lightweight concrete mix to rubber forms of different style and then painted with a coloring process which makes it resemble real stone. The stone veneer produced is then attached to walls with special mortars.
Manufactured veneer is cheaper than natural stone and the variety of designs and colors makes available options which would not be available with natural stone, since natural stone is used in the general area around the locality which it is extracted.
Advantages of Manufactured Stone Veneer
The advantages of manufactured stone veneer over natural stone are:
- variety of designs and colors
Disadvantages of Manufactured Stone Veneer
- It is not as strong as natural stone
- If a piece breaks, or if a piece is removed from the wall, then unless it is replaced, it shows significantly
- It is not reusable as natural stones